Home > About Us
Welcome to Troop 1910! This guide is intended to give you a brief overview of the troop. As always, please let us know if you have any questions or comments. The Scoutmaster (SM), Assistant Scoutmasters (ASM) and Committee Members (CM) will be glad to assist you in any way.
Troop 1910 will endeavor to carry out the mission of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA), which is to prepare young people to make ethical choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law. The BSA program administered by the troop will help to develop strong character, participating citizenship, and personal fitness in our youth. The troop will utilize the methods of scouting, such as the ideals (oath, law, motto and slogan), patrol method, adventure of the outdoors, advancement, associating with adults, personal growth, leadership development and wearing the BSA uniform.Troop 1910 will strive for the following outcomes for our Scouts:
- The Scout will learn to care for others.
- The Scout will learn from his choices.
- The Scout will be provided with a positive alternative to negative youth activities.
- The Scout will develop a sense of acceptance and belonging as a member of Troop 1910.
- The Scout will be afforded a safe environment.
- The Scout will develop personal skills through activities and unit projects.
- The Scout's social and work skills will be enhanced through participation in practical, real, and meaningful activities.
- The Scout will be given opportunities to try leadership roles and develop leadership skills.
- The Scout will be encouraged to transition from dependence to interdependence.
- The Scout will be exposed to a positive environment, which will help foster relationships with adult and youth communication and understanding.
- The Scout will gain valuable recognition of achievement through Scouting's award advancement program.
- The Scouts will have a lot of fun.